Working out is good not just for your body but for your mental health as well. Summer is also a great time to get outside and get involved in activities like hiking, running, cycling, and rock climbing.
However, the high temperatures can get in your way and make it extremely uncomfortable to stay active. But that does not mean you deprive yourself of the essential workout.
Here is our quick guide on what to do to stay active during the summer and the best activewear that will keep you cool, comfortable, and motivated.
Ways To Stay Active During Summer Months
You can keep yourself active without hitting the gym in several ways—indoors and outdoors. Some outdoor activities that you can do are:
- HIIT exercises
The aim is to keep moving so that your body is active and you reap benefits from it. However, when exercising outdoors during summer, you need to keep the following things in mind:
Start early in the morning when the sunlight is not too harsh.
- Use high-SPF sunscreen
- Hydrate yourself
- Choose your exercise wisely
- Dress according to the weather
When it comes to indoor activities, the best one is to grab a yoga mat and follow an exercise routine. However, you can also try letting go of the house help and doing your household chores, dancing, or pacing your hallway.
You need to ditch the couch no matter how attractive watching TV is and dedicate some time daily to staying active.
Advantages Of Working Out Indoors And Outdoors
Working out outdoors and indoors has different challenges and offers varied advantages. Some advantages of each of them are:
Working out outdoors:
- Improves focus and concentration
- Keeps the mind more active and alert
- Exposure to the sun helps you fulfill your vitamin D requirement
- The sound and scenery of nature have a calming and therapeutic effect
- Boosts self-esteem
- Relieves stress
Working out indoors:
- Indoor exercise equipment helps control speed, duration, and incline.
- You can do all types of training with just a yoga mat
- Machines lower impact on knees, feet, spine, and hips
- Machines are equipped with heart rate monitors that help you determine the intensity of your workout
Different Types Of Activewear For Outdoor And Indoor Workouts
1. Activewear Sets
What better way to get yourself active than by getting into chic and practical activewear sets? If you are looking for stylish and comfortable activewear perfect for workout sessions, we have two from Cosmolle.Premium Seamless Square Neck Bra
Cosmolle’s products are all made from buttery soft fabric that has a unique texture. The fabric has moisture-wicking properties and is breathable and stretchy.
Additionally, Cosmolle uses sustainable materials, so it's more than just the workout that makes you feel happy and elated.
The figure-hugging set is made from recycled nylon, making it feel like a second skin. It is a seamless fit, so you do not have to worry about itching and chafing. The leggings have anti-camel toe features and a ruched seam for a butt-lifting effect.
The top is super-comfortable and extra stylish. The classic scoop neckline makes it easy to style, and the thumbholes keep the sleeves in place.AirWear Sports Bra & Bike Shorts Set
The bra and bike shorts set is another stylish and eco-friendly set from Cosmolle that hugs all the right places and is perfect for exercises of all ranges and intensities.
It is a perfect summer go-to outfit that will be your perfect partner for indoor workout sessions, lounging, or when you're on the move. Like other Cosmolle products, the set is made from breathable and extra comfy fabric. It is a high-density, lightweight fabric that is 40% lighter than other fabrics.
The bra has a V-neck at the front and a versatile racer-back fit at the back. The bra’s design supports the chest and enhances the shockproof effect. The shorts have a built-in booty lift, making it one of the best active leisure wear options, inside and outside the gym.
2. High-waist Legging
High-waist leggings are a must in every active woman's closet. And these high-waist leggings are perfect for any athletic activity, whether outdoors or indoors. It is made from a comfortable fabric with moisture-wicking properties, making it perfect for summer wear.AirWear High-Waist Legging
The leggings hug your legs without feeling constricting. Also, they have edge-bonded panels for additional comfort. It also has a butt-lifting effect, giving you the confidence you so deserve.
High-waisted leggings are perfect for doing yoga poses. They are stretchy and non-constrictive, letting you do whatever pose you desire with ease.
3. Seamless High-Neck TankPremium Seamless High Neck Tank Top
Tank top is stylish and comfortable. It has full coverage, and the double-layer design offers additional support. The fabric is soft, eco-friendly, and made from recycled textiles.
The top has a seamless fit that keeps it in place without causing chafing or itchiness. The top offers bust support and comes with removable pads for a more personalized experience.
It is made from quick dry material, so you can stop worrying about the stinky feeling.
Tips For Choosing The Right Activewear For Summer
Getting in shape is very important, and you can do that in style. However, the wrong clothing can make your workout session extra uncomfortable. Also, the right clothes help with stamina and motivation.
Here are a few tips that will help you choose the best activewear for summer:
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing for outdoor exercises like jogging, cycling, and tracking. Wear joggers, but avoid wide-legged ones, as they may get tangled in your bike’s pedals or between your feet while running.
- Wear stretchy and fitting material that acts like a second skin for workouts like Pilates and yoga. These clothes support the body and make working out easy. A good example is leggings or activewear sets with tight-fitting shorts or leggings.
- Use tanks and tees with laser cut or mesh designs.
- Make working out more breathable with knee-length shorts and capris made of soft material.
- Choose activewear clothing that will allow you to freely stretch and flex and not interfere with your exercise.
- Use breathable, moisture-wicking material. This will keep your body cool.
- Raise your style quotient with matching coordinate sets that can be worn on other occasions as well.
How To Make Sure Your Activewear Suits All Kinds Of Weather
You need to understand that while you may be shopping for activewear clothes in the summer, you are going to be wearing them all year long. Or at least hoping to do so. Hence, it is important to buy activewear that will be suitable year-round and not just for a particular season.
For summer: Your body needs to be cool, so wear comfortable and breathable fabric with moisture-wicking properties.
So, start with breathable, sweat-friendly material, and then start layering. Additionally, do not forget to insulate your ears, head, and hands.
For rainy and windy days: Engaging in outdoor activities in such weather is exceptionally difficult. But if you're trying them, you will need protective outer layers to protect you from the elements.
Summer is all about outdoor activities and water fun. However, it is easier said than done. The high temperatures kill the buzz of doing anything other than laying down on a sandy beach, let alone working out. However, with these gorgeous and comfortable activewear pieces from Cosmolle, you will definitely feel motivated to!